The Art of Vape Pod Cloud Chasing
Cloud chasing, the pursuit of creating massive vapor clouds during vaping, has become a popular subculture within the vaping community. While cloud chasing is often associated with more powerful devices, advanced coils, and high-wattage settings, it’s also possible to achieve impressive clouds with vape pods. Here’s how you can master the art of vape pod cloud chasing:
1. Choose the Right Vape Pod:
- Start by selecting a vape bundles pod system that supports sub-ohm vaping and provides adjustable wattage settings. Sub-ohm pods are designed for producing larger clouds.
2. High VG E-Liquids:
- Opt for e-liquids with a higher Vegetable Glycerin (VG) content. VG is thicker and produces denser vapor clouds. A VG ratio of 70% or higher is ideal for cloud chasing.
3. Low Nicotine Concentration:
- Cloud chasing often involves taking longer drags and inhaling more vapor. To avoid excessive nicotine intake, choose e-liquids with lower nicotine concentrations or consider using nicotine-free options.
4. Proper Coil Selection:
- Select the right coil for sub-ohm vaping. Look for coils with lower resistance (0.3 ohms or less) designed for increased vapor production.
5. Prime Your Coils:
- Before using a new coil, prime it by saturating the wicking material with e-liquid. This ensures the coil doesn’t burn prematurely.
6. Adjust Wattage:
- Experiment with wattage settings to find the sweet spot for cloud production. Start at a lower wattage and gradually increase it until you achieve the desired vapor output. Be cautious not to exceed the coil’s recommended wattage range.
7. Proper Airflow Management:
- Adjust the airflow to allow more air to mix with the vapor, producing thicker clouds. Wider airflow settings typically result in larger clouds.
8. Long, Slow Draws:
- Take slow, steady drags to allow the coil to heat up and produce more vapor. Long draws help in achieving massive clouds.
9. Practice Exhaling Techniques:
- Experiment with different exhaling techniques to create visually stunning cloud shapes. Techniques like “dragon” exhales or “O” rings can add a unique artistic flair to your cloud chasing.